Photos

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Loving Singapore

Had visited Singapore 3 times now, and loving it even more. There's always something that makes me want to go back and back again. It is a small city (or is it a country?) tourist-friendly. Most people there are friendly, some uncles were not hahaha.
My first visit was way back on May 2004, went with my co-workers, three of us didn't explore the city that much as we spent most days on the training center.

My second visit was on June 2011 with my college friend Bertha and some co-workers, this time really meant something, not for training or any work related, purely on vacation for 3 days. Bertha and I didn't waste our time as soon as we arrived there. Went to the hotel, checked in, went straight to Marina Barrage. Nice place for capturing the Singapore city view, cuz no matter how bad the camera or you in taking pictures, the photos are just gonna be awesome ! You have to walk a bit though from the bus station, but hey there's always a taxi. ;-)
Went to Clarke Quay in the evening to have dinner with a good friend of mine, the place was quite dim for me, it's good for those who want to have a romantic dinner or just drinks, some spots were crowded though and the dinner was quite expensive (for me), anyways, it was a nice visit and dinner too ! :-)

The next morning Bertha and I spent the entire day exploring the city using the Hop On Hop Off bus, it was a complimentary from the hotel. The hotel was hotel Ibis on Bencoolen by the way. We loved our stay here, the room were small but enough for both of us, breakfast was okay.
We decided to explore Little India at 0500AM and it was drizzling ! Went shopping to Mustafa Center, a 24 hours mall. It was amazing watching the Indians start their day, if you can't stand the strong smell then don't visit the Little India, but it would be a waste, Little India has some interesting points as well as the rest of the city. Every part of Singapore is nice to checked out.


My recent visit was a couple of weeks ago, went with my cousins. This time I didn't go exploring so much, went to Orchard Rd most of the times, visited the Universal Studio as well. But I did love the food, I think my last visit was more like a culinary experience, tasted the food that I haven't tasted before. It was amazing.

I am a well-ordered person, who loves a clean environment, less smoke, perhaps that is why I love Singapore. I live in Bogor, and the city is always crowded during the day, junk everywhere, people spit, smoke anywhere anytime they like.. Despite the negativities of Bogor, this is where I grew up, where I live, where I earn money, so gotta love it anyway. And Bogor is not all bad, it has some beautiful things too, where you can't find anywhere else. :-)

To see pics from the trip, here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment