Photos

Monday, November 16, 2009

Apple Pie

I have been wanting to learn to make (or is it to bake ?) an apple pie, ever since a Dutch friend taught me how to. But that was a very long time ago, and I lost the recipe she gave me (sorry Jazz !)

The other day, I was so bored, and was just surfing here and there, and finally stumbled upon this nice blog "seTiap langkahku...", and I was like, 'hmm... this one looks kind of simple to make, perhaps it's worth to try'. So I tried.

And, voila ....



At first attempt, it didn't taste so good, was okay, but not that good. So I tried to 'modify' the original recipe that I got from mba Ine , added some of the ingredients. And finally, it tasted a lot better. Hahaha, I am so happy ! :-)
At last .......... I can bake an apple pie !! Thanks so much mba Ine !

Here's the recipe, the modified one, if you wanna see the 'original' one then go to mba Ine's blog

Ingredients :

I. Fillings :
- 500gr of apples, sliced into small pieces
- 50gr of raisins
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 100gr of sugar
- 1/2 cup of water

II. Crust :
- 250gr of flour
- 2 egg yolks ( 1 for brushing the surface)
- 50gr of powdered sugar
- 125gr of margarine
- a pinch of salt
- a bit of cold water, not too much.

Directions :

I. Fillings : cook all the ingredients until the water (almost) runs dry and the apples are softer, dont forget to stir it once in a while. Let it cool off.

II. Crust :
1. Mix all the 'II' ingredients, use a pastry blender (I dont have one, so I just use my both hands hehe ...)
2. Split it into two pieces and put it in the fridge for 15 mins.
3. Flatten them using a rolling pin into 1/2 cm of thickness, gently place it onto the pan, use a fork to make holes on the dough so when it's baked, the dough won't rise. Flatten the other dough as well to cover the surface.
4. Pour the cooked 'I' ingredients into the dough.
5. Place the rest of the flatten dough on top of it.
6. Brush the surface with egg yolk
7. Baked for around 60 min. (well, I used my Mom's very old oven, so it took longer).

If you tried the recipe above and it tasted awful, haha then I dont know what's wrong, it worked just fine for me. Perhaps you should go look for another recipe on the web ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment