Photos

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Jakarta ohh Jakarta ...


A couple of weeks ago, I had a thought of being and experienced as Jakartan ? (haha, made that up, was trying to say as Jakarta citizen). Why ? nothing in particular, wanted to try something new, that's all.

I used to live in Jakarta when I was 8 years old, lived there for two years in a place called Cempaka Putih Tengah street. It was kinda sad remembering those moments back, it was the early years of Dad's carreer, we lived in someone's garage. :-(

But thank goodness we finally moved here, in Bogor. Ever since we moved in here, I rarely (almost never) went to Jakarta anymore. Until I started working and sometimes made me have to go to Jakarta for meetings or some papers/documents settlements. That too, always by a car or at least a train then usually took a taxi. :D

So, there I was, on one sunny Saturday morning, got on the train to met up with one of my bestfriend - Etha, she picked me up at Gambir then took a taxi (haha yeaah ..) to go to Pelangi - that's what she calls Plaza Semanggi. We hung around for a while in there, saw a movie, lunch, a little shopping. Then the time finally came, her home is in Sunter, somewhere in Tanjung Priuk Jakarta.
We took a bus (hmmm), it hadn't changed, the busses in Jakarta, they never really stop when you get on it, so you have to be quick ! ;-)

It was so very hot inside the bus, phew ! And it wasn't over yet, after that bus, we still had to take another bus called Metromini. God, this one was even hotter, not to mentioned the noise that came from the bus engine, was sitting in the front, Etha had to stand up as there was none seats available.

The next morning, we decided to go to Mangga Dua, had enough with the busses (sorry ... ) so told Etha to stopped a taxi. When we were done shopping at Mangga Dua, we decided to go continue shopping to this market called Asemka, the building is old, dirty and HOT !

We took a Bajaj to got there, haha yaa the noisy vehicle. Shopping in Asemka was okay, the price was cheap, although the place wasn't too convenient. Specially when you shop in the outer section, such as the streets, motorbikes, Bajajs, cars, people, all use the same street, too much smokes from all of those vehicles, and to top it all, the sun ....
We didn't spend a lot of time in Asemka, and finally decided to leave.

Now, it was okay to have experienced all that, I liked it. But I don't think I would wanna do it again hahaha ... I love Bogor, although it's always marked with the traffic which caused by its million Angkots, and dirty streets, but I enjoy leaving here. :-)
Thanks Etha for the awesome weekend ! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment